Wednesday, February 14, 2018

18 THINGS I LEARNED DURING IMMERSION DAYS

1. I have learned the flow of the hospital though I already have a glimpse of how the how hospital runs but during my immersion I really understood its flow very well.

2. I learned how the system of the hospital works/functions.

IN ACCOUNTING AND BILLING DEPARTMENT...

3. I learned how the bill of the patients are computed.

4. I learned that everybody should inform the Accounting Department with all the money matter doings because they will audit and balance all the money the receive and release.

IN PHARMACY DEPARTMENT...



5. I learned the different types of dextroses and where it will be applicable to use, also the kinds of medicines like vial, ampule, etc. There are also medicines that should be kept in the refrigerator.

6. I learned that in  the pharmacy you be very careful with all the medicines that will be release because it should be very important and it really varies between the dosage, price, brand and for pedia/adult. 

7. I learned that even syringe has an expiration date.

IN LABORATORY DEPARTMENT...




8. I learned how to extract blood from a patient using a pricker, and tested the blood to determine the blood type.

9. I learned how to torniquet and get blood from the veins using a syringe.

10. I learned how to physically and chemically examine a urine by its color, pH level, protein, glucose, etc.

11.I learned how to read and write results of the Pentra machine, the Pentra machine is where the sample blood will be tested to Cell Blood Count (CBC), Platelet, Hemoglobin, Hemocratin,etc.

12. I learned that infant will be pricked in their heels to collect  blood, children and some young adults will be pricked in the fingers and adults will undergo venesection.

IN NURSES STATION...


13. I learned how to dilute vial medicines and prepare medicines for patients.

14. I learned how to take vital signs such as blood pressure and respiration.

15. I learned how to prepare the dextrose for the patient and skin test to know if the patient is allergic to the antibiotic prescribe by the doctor.

16. I learned to endorse a patient though I am not yet fluent in endorsing but I know the procedure very well.

17. I learned about the nebulizer machine and Electro Cardio Gram machine and its functions.

18. I learned that taking care of the patient is important, when they enter the hospital they should feel immediate care from the nurses because the nurses are the first one who will be seen by the patients.

2 comments:

LAST DAY Having this certificate means our immersion is done. We are very happy and thankful. We learned a lot of new things in ou...